Who We Are
The Johnson Law Firm serves communities throughout Eastern Kentucky and across the state
Conveniently located in Pikeville, KY, our law office represents individuals who have been hurt in vehicle accidents, workplace injuries, nursing home neglect, premises liability / slips and falls, and other cases of negligence and personal injury.
Attorney Billy Johnson helps individuals — we do not work for large corporations, big business or the insurance company. Not all personal injury firms can say that!
At Johnson Law firm we never forget that we work for you! That means that we will treat you with respect, we will listen to your concerns, and aggressively advocate in your best interests. We have an undeniable track-record of thoroughly investigating some of the most complex accident and injury cases — and winning results.
What Makes Us Different?
Have you noticed all the TV ads from out-of-state lawyers? You may not have realized that these firms are located in Florida, New York, and other places far away from here.
- We are local people working for local people. You see us in the grocery store, at church, at ball games and charity events. We have a vested interest in this community and it’s people.
- Consider whether it would be easy for you to ‘drop by’ and visit with the attorney and staff? You are welcome in our office any time.
- Ask yourself how likely you are to work side-by-side these lawyers from these big law firms – do they even handle cases personally? When you ask to work with Billy – you work with Billy. You know us, our people, and where we come from… we consider it a privilege to work with you.
- With today’s technology, our state of the art equipment, and private plane we bring the best possible experts and resources available for your case. We have access to the same experts across the country as these out-of-state firms, plus we’re right in your backyard.
It isn’t just the carpetbagger law firms you need to carefully consider, but even other firms located here in Kentucky.
- Conflicts of interest can arise when attorneys have too many other business interests or political agendas. The Johnson Law Firm only handles personal injury claims and this is all we do. We do not have any business or political interests that take our eye off the ball.
- Your case is your case and we will never encourage you to take a settlement that isn’t the best possible outcome. Other firms may be motivated by financial pressures to settle your case before you’re ready and you may be accepting a lower amount than you even realize. Johnson Law Firm has the financial resources to ensure we are only acting in your best interests.
Our prompt and experienced team will make sure that your claims are investigated, documented, and presented for payment against those at fault for your injuries. We work hard to preserve evidence, identify and interview witnesses, and get expert support to describe and explain your injury claims in a court of law. Johnson Law Firm will aggressively seek fair and full compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering as well as other losses.
Contact us today for a free consultation and talk with Billy about your injury. We can tell you whether you have a case and what your best next step is.
At Johnson Law Firm you will find a welcoming, comfortable environment with a thoughtful, concerned staff that is committed to providing exceptional, personalized care. Johnson Law Firm is dedicated to helping our clients – who often become lifelong friends of our firm and family. Stop by or call for a free, confidential consultation and you’ll understand why the Johnson Law Firm is known as the “nicest place in town.”
Attorney Billy Johnson
William “Billy” Johnson is a resident of Pike County Kentucky and has been practicing law since 1998. He is an instrument rated, private pilot and frequently travels across the country to secure expert witnesses and the needed resources for each client case. It is Billy’s commitment to leave no stone unturned in the preparation of a case and dedication to work harder than the other guys that delivers results for his clients.
Attorney Brittney Schaeffer
Brittney Schaeffer obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Kentucky College of Law, where she graduated cum laude in 2014. She also graduated summa cum laude from Pikeville College in 2010, earning a Bachelor of Science in History and Political Science. Brittney decided to practice personal injury law after a family member was involved in a life-threatening accident, and she saw firsthand how devastating such an occurrence can be.