Choosing an attorney
Selecting an attorney is the single most important aspect in determining the outcome of your case
Here are a few important things that you should consider when making your choice.
Have you visited their office?
This is an extremely important step. You should visit the prospective attorney’s office, and meet with the attorneys and their staff.
Why? Because they will be working on your case; communicating with you over the course of your litigation which, depending upon its complexity and the extent of your injuries could be anywhere from a few months to upwards of a year.
- Is the attorney accessible to me?
- Will he/she return my calls promptly?
- Does he/she have experience with trying cases before a jury?
- How many cases like mine has he/she handled?
- Will my case be handed off to less experienced lawyer?
- Does the firm prefer to litigate or reach an out-of-court settlement?
- Who might some previous clients be and will they give a reference?
- What are the fees and payment terms?
Visiting the office and asking questions is the only way you can make an informed decision. It’s also the only way you can determine whether the firm has the energy, experience and dedication, as well as the resources to litigate your claim in such a way as to maximize the compensation.
We would like to invite you to come by our offices and spend some time with us. We welcome the opportunity to show you our facility and answer any questions that you might have. Stop by or call for a free, confidential consultation and you’ll understand why the Johnson Law Firm is known as the “nicest place in town.”
Johnson Law Firm offices are open Monday through Friday 8:30am.- 5:00pm. For your convenience, late evening and weekend hours can be arranged.