Our Car Accident Lawyer Can Help Win Compensation
Your Future Is at Stake – Don’t Go It Alone
A CAR CRASH CAN BRING DEVASTING INJURIES, MOUNTING MEDICAL BILLS, TIME OFF WORK, REHABILITATION, AND AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE, BUT A KENTUCKY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY CAN HELP.
If you or a family member has been injured or someone has tragically died in a car crash, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses through insurance or a lawsuit. However, Kentucky laws are complicated, making mistakes can be costly, and insurance companies and their attorneys will try to deny claims or pay out less than you deserve.
Fortunately, you don’t have to fight for your rights alone. There is help available from an experienced Kentucky car accident lawyer at The Johnson Law Firm. When you work with attorney Billy Johnson, you are represented by a tough lawyer who knows how to go toe-to-toe with insurance companies and get you the justice you’re entitled to.
Why Choose Our Kentucky Car Accident Lawyers?
After a serious car accident, it is important to find a personal injury attorney you not only can trust and feel comfortable with, but one who has the experience, skills, and resources to fight for the settlement you deserve. Here are some reasons why we feel you should choose The Johnson Law Firm:
- We have the necessary experience. Attorney Billy Johnson is highly skilled and aggressive when going after the negligent parties and has been helping victims of train and car crashes since 1998.
- We get results, including a $24 million settlement in a recent truck wreck case on first day of trial.
- We are local and know Kentucky courts, judges and systems, as well as federal laws.
- We take a personal interest in each client. Billy Johnson won’t turn your case over to a less experienced personal injury attorney or paralegal; he gets to know your case and works tirelessly for you. You can read testimonials from our many satisfied clients to prove it.
- We are certified and respected for the work we do. Billy Johnson has achieved success and been recognized by the following organizations:
- We offer free consultations to get you started, and there are no fees to you unless and until we win your case.
How Our Car Accident Lawyers in Kentucky Work for You
Time is of the essence when building a car accident case, as it is important to preserve evidence while it is available and witnesses can be found. When you retain the Johnson Law Firm, we start working for you immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss the circumstances of your case to determine who might have been at fault and estimate what your case is worth.
- Investigate the accident and gather evidence, such as videos and photographs from traffic cameras and police, and ambulance, doctor, and hospital records and reports.
- Interview witnesses and first responders.
- Hire experts to reconstruct the accident and testify on your behalf as to fault, the extent of damages, and the costs and effects of your injuries on your life now and into the future.
- Deal with insurance companies and aggressively negotiate for a fair settlement. Insurance companies are more likely to take your case seriously if they know you have an attorney on your side who is willing to bring a lawsuit.
- Take your case to court if necessary. We will be there at every stage of the legal process, from filing pretrial motions to presenting evidence and making closing arguments, to filing an appeal if appropriate.
CAR ACCIDENT TOPICS
- Settlement or Trial?
- Do I Have an Accident Case?
- Handling Calls from the Insurance Companies
- How a Lawyer Can Help
- Types of Crashes We Handle
- Single Car Accidents
Damages Our Car Accident Lawyer in Kentucky May Recover
Car crashes can result in major property damage as well as catastrophic injuries, the effects of which may be felt for a lifetime. In a successful case, our car accident attorneys will fight to recover compensation for both your economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages cover the monetary damages you sustained, including:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Property damage such as repairs and replacement of your vehicle
- Loss of wages and future earnings.
Non-economic damages do not have a specific dollar value but negatively impact your life. They typically consist of the following:
- Pain and suffering — physical and emotional
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium and community
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Permanent disabilities.
In some rare cases, if the accident was caused by willful, deliberate misconduct, you may also be entitled to punitive damages, which serve to punish the offender and deter similar actions in the future. In Kentucky, there is no cap on punitive damage awards.
Be aware that some injuries take time to fully manifest, so you should never accept an insurance company’s initial settlement offer – no matter how attractive it might look – before speaking with a seasoned Kentucky car accident lawyer.
Car Accident Injury Attorney Must Prove Negligence
In order to win your case, our car accident injury lawyers must prove that another party (the defendant in the case) was negligent and at fault for causing the accident. To prove negligence legally, we would have to demonstrate the existence of the following factors:
- Duty — The defendant owed you a duty of reasonable care not to cause harm.
- Breach — The defendant breached this duty by actions or failure to act.
- Cause — This breach caused the accident.
- Damages — You suffered injuries and damages as a result.
Proving negligence can be complicated, because there are often multiple reasons for an accident. There also may be parties several who may be at fault and liable for damages. These may include:
- Another driver, who may have been intoxicated, distracted, or fatigued, or who failed to follow the rules of the road
- The manufacturer of the vehicle or its parts, if these were defective or failed and caused the accident
- A municipality or road repair company that failed to fix dangerous road conditions.
Billy Johnson will investigate thoroughly to identify all negligent parties, as they may all have insurance or assets that can go toward a settlement.
Kentucky Car Accident Lawyer Answers FAQS
After a car accident, it is natural to have questions and concerns. Here are some answers to questions our attorneys are often asked.
How Much is My Case Worth?
There is a wide range of settlement amounts possible for car accident claims, from thousands to millions of dollars. The amount your case is worth depends on the individual circumstances of your case. In general, the greater the injuries and costs involved, the more you will seek in a claim.
Should I Call the Police if I’ve Been Involved in a Car Accident?
Yes. The best way to protect yourself is to call the police because they will write a report detailing who they think is liable for the accident, and this may be used as evidence to show how the accident happened.
What if a Loved One Died in the Accident?
If you have lost a loved one in a car accident, our attorneys may be able to file a case for wrongful death. This is where the personal representative of the deceased seeks compensation since the deceased can no longer do so.
Should I Speak to the Insurance Company?
No, the less you say to the insurance company, the better, as they are out for profit and will try to use what you say against you. Tell the insurance company to speak to your attorney and let Billy Johnson handle all communications with them.
When you have the Johnson Law Firm working for you, we will be there to answer your questions and concerns throughout the entire legal process.
Types of Car Crashes the Johnson Law Firm Handles
Every accident is different in its specifics, but nevertheless they can be categorized into general groups, and the Johnson Law Firm is fully equipped to handle them all. Crashtest.org, a site devoted to vehicle safety and accident prevention, lists a few of the most common:
- Rear-end collision – This accident generally occurs when a vehicle stops or decelerates suddenly, and the vehicle following does not have time to adjust. It is most common on stretches of road — especially highways and interstates — that include high speed limits and when the following car is too close.
- Side-impact collision – These collisions are most common at intersections when a vehicle tries to beat a red light. A collision occurs when two vehicles are driving perpendicular to one another and one hits the other on the side.
- Sideswipe collision – Most times considered a minor accident, this accident occurs when two vehicles are driving next to each other and collide.
- Rollover – This is one of the most dangerous types of collisions and occurs usually when a vehicle drives too quickly through a turn. The vehicle often lands on its side or roof, but at times may completely flip, dangerously whipping the occupants around, as well as any unsecured items in the vehicle.
- Head-on collision – Occurs when two vehicles are driving toward each other and collide. This accident is often fatal.
- Single-car accident – This sort of accident occurs when the driver of a vehicle, for a variety of reasons, loses control and runs into another object or leaves the roadway.
- Multiple-vehicle pile-ups – These accidents generally happen when a line of vehicles is driving quickly in the same direction and there is a sudden stop.
Get Help from Our Kentucky Car Accident Lawyers Today
The Kentucky car accident lawyers at the Johnson Law Firm have extensive experience with the court system and insurance companies. Billy Johnson has represented vehicle accident victims throughout Kentucky, as well as in other states. He can help determine responsibility, establish your claim, and earn you financial compensation. The Johnson Law Firm offers prospective clients an initial case evaluation for free, so call us today to get started.
GET HELP NOW 606-437-4488
FREE Case Consult
MAKE IT OUR FIGHT
February 20, 2024
Kentucky is notorious for the unpredictability of our weather. This roller coaster weather that Kentuckians bemoan is caused by the jet stream that falls across the state, dropping cold air down from the Great Lakes or p...
December 19, 2021
Riding your motorcycle on a beautiful day and enjoying the scenery can be a great experience. But all of that can change in an instant if your motorcycle is hit by a car from behind. Because cars are so much bigger and...