Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Paintsville Wins Compensation
Kentucky roads are an obvious draw for motorcyclists, especially those routes that traverse rural landscapes, such as U.S. 23. But it and other Kentucky highways can be dangerous for motorcycle riders, despite the safety measures they follow. The unfortunate fact is that other drivers on the road are negligent and cause wrecks.
Because motorcycles do not provide protection, people on motorcycles are 28 times more likely to die than people in other vehicles when in a crash, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Crashes are more likely to be fatal if a rider isn’t wearing a helmet or if the other vehicle is much larger than the motorcycle. Survivors may suffer serious injuries and be left dealing with pain, mounting medical bills, and loss of income from being unable to work.
If you or a loved one has been injured or someone has died in a motorcycle accident due to another party’s negligence or fault, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages you received. However, Kentucky laws are complicated, and there is a bias against motorcyclists to begin with, so it’s important to have a motorcycle accident attorney on your side to fight for your rights and the compensation you deserve.
Paintsville motorcycle accident lawyer Billy Johnson has been riding motorcycles for years and understands what you are going through and the obstacles you face. He has fought for compensation for numerous motorcycle accident victims and can do the same for you. With a team of seasoned injury attorneys with deep ties to the local community, Billy Johnson fights hard for maximum compensation for every client.
Our firm offers a free consultation to discuss the circumstances of your accident and determine the best way to move forward. If you have suffered a motorcycle accident injury, call our office at (606) 437-4488 today to have a Paintsville motorcycle accident lawyer review your case for free.
FREE CONSULT 606) 437-4488
Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Help You
Why Choose Us
There are many lawyers out there, and you should find one you not only feel comfortable with, but one who has the experience and record of success you need. Here are some reasons why we feel you should choose the Johnson Law Firm:
- We know motorcycles. Pikeville motorcycle accident lawyer Billy Johnson has been an avid motorcycle enthusiast his whole life. He received his first motorcycle at the age of 5 and has been riding ever since. Billy has ridden all across the United States and has hands-on experience with a wide variety of motorcycles, although most of the time he prefers his Harley.
- We are experienced. As an experienced Pikeville motorcycle accident lawyer, Billy has handled all types of motorcycle injury claims, including wrongful death cases, in Kentucky and in other states.
- We know how to fight for our clients and hold negligent parties accountable and have won millions for our clients. Since 1998, we have handled thousands of difficult injury cases throughout Kentucky from our office in Pikeville. We have a long record of success, including a $9 million negotiated pre-trial settlement in a truck accident case.
- We have helped many satisfied clients. You can read their testimonials here.
- We are local and have many offices to serve clients throughout Kentucky, including in Paintsville.
- We offer free consultations, and there are no fees to you unless and until we win a settlement.
Frequently, motorcycle injury victims without representation believe what insurance companies tell them and take smaller payouts. At the Billy Johnson Law Firm, our track record demonstrates that we don’t settle for low-ball offers from insurance companies and will fight for the full compensation you deserve.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Work for You
Our Billy Johnson Kentucky motorcycle accident attorneys know that motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic, causing problems such as brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and amputations. When you hire us, we will get to work for you immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss how your accident happened, who the at-fault parties may be, and determine how much compensation your case may be worth.
- Gather evidence, such as from accident scene photos and videos and police and medical records.
- Interview eyewitnesses, medical providers, and first responders.
- Utilize experts to reconstruct the accident as well as medical, life-care, disability, and rehabilitation experts to provide testimony as to your costs and the negative effects your injuries have on your life.
- File all paperwork and make court appearances.
- Handle dealings and negotiations with insurance companies and attorneys to reach a fair settlement.
- Build a powerful case on your behalf and argue it in front of a jury if necessary.
Our law firm has the legal knowledge and financial resources to build a powerful case on your behalf. Attorney Billy Johnson is committed to each one of his clients and their families, and he knows their future is at stake.
CALL US NOW (606) 437-4488
Compensation a Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Lawyer May Recover
In a successful case, our spinal injury attorneys can win a damage award that compensates for all your losses. The term “damages” refers to the losses you experience due to an injury. Negligent defendants can be held liable for many if not all of your economic losses and be financially on the hook for your non-economic losses as well.
Economic Damages – Compensation for economic damages deals with the situations that cause you to lose money. They include:
- Paying for medical treatment, including long-term treatment for serious injuries
- Paying for prescriptions, equipment such as wheelchairs, etc.
- Missing work due to the injury; can include loss of future income
- Transportation expenses and costs for medical care
- Funeral and burial costs in cases of wrongful death.
As you might have noticed, the value of the damages listed above all can be determined by referring to their price tag.
Non-economic Damages – Non-economic damages do not have predetermined monetary values, but cost victims their emotional well-being and happiness. They include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional torment
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium.
Although calculating non-economic damages presents challenges, a skilled Kentucky motorcycle accident lawyer knows how to help ensure their client’s losses are fully represented.
Paintsville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Must Prove Negligence
Negligent Parties Could Owe You Compensation
You likely have been inundated with terrible losses if a negligent driver or rider injured you. Your life may be completely turned upside down. It is only fair that negligent individuals be held liable and face the consequences of their actions.
After an accident, no-fault personal injury protection (PIP) insurance may cover your losses up to the policy limit — if you have insurance. You can sue the driver if you have greater damages than the policy limits or don’t have insurance.
But compensation for your losses does not automatically flow into your account. There has to be evidence demonstrating negligence on the part of the individual who caused your injuries. One of the first things your motorcycle accident lawyer in Paintsville will do is collect the appropriate evidence for your case and analyze every piece to determine fault.
In some cases, the other driver is 100% at fault, as shown by indisputable evidence. However, there are times when the motorcycle injury victim shares some responsibility for the accident. In Kentucky, injury victims who contribute to their own accident may still seek compensation for their losses, but their final payout will be reduced according to their degree of fault.
Common manifestations of negligence that cause motorcycle accidents in Paintsville include:
- Driving under the influence or while intoxicated
- Driving while drowsy
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving.
Each of these is enough to support an allegation of negligence. Valuable pieces of evidence proving the above and other negligent acts include:
- Police and medical reports
- Traffic and surveillance cam video
- Witness statements
- Driver records
- Photos of the accident scene and injuries.
In some cases, there may be multiple parties involved in the accident, complicating the case. Our Paintsville motorcycle accident attorneys will look to name them all as defendants in the case as they all may have insurance and assets that can go toward a settlement. It is during these negotiations that motorcycle accident victims need solid representation.
Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Answer Questions
After a motorcycle crash, victims may be confused and unsure of the best approach to take. We can help. Here are some answers to questions our Paintsville motorcycle accident lawyers are often asked:
How much does a Kentucky motorcycle accident lawyer charge?
The Billy Johnson Law Firm takes motorcycle accident cases on a contingency basis. The size of the settlement determines our fees. There are no upfront costs for clients.
How long do motorcycle accident cases usually take?
It depends on the case. For example, if you have PIP insurance and your damages are less than your policy coverage, the case could be resolved rather quickly. On the other hand, if you have extensive injuries that far surpass PIP coverage or do not have coverage, and you are forced to sue, then the case could take over a year. Hiring a Paintsville motorcycle accident lawyer in a timely fashion could help speed your case along.
What is the statute of limitations for motorcycle accident cases in Kentucky?
Kentucky motorcycle accident injury victims have two years from the time of the accident to file a personal injury claim, so it is essential to seek out the services of an experienced Kentucky motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident.
Can I lane split in Kentucky?
Lane splitting is not specifically illegal in Kentucky. However, police officers consider the practice dangerous and are likely to stop motorcyclists who engage in lane splitting.
When you have our Paintsville motorcycle lawyer on your side, we will be there to answer your questions and address your concerns throughout the entire legal process.
Let an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Paintsville Fight for You
Contact Johnson Law Firm for a Free Consultation
Choosing Billy Johnson means choosing peace of mind. When you become a client, you get a firm that:
- Protects your interests against unreasonable insurance companies
- Fiercely negotiates with adjusters for maximum compensation
- Keeps you up to date on the progress of your case.
You also get a firm that cares deeply about the communities in Pike and Floyd counties and their citizens. We fight hard because we believe in justice and care about our fellow community members.
We hate to hear when victims settle for less. If you need compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries, call our office and let our Kentucky motorcycle accident lawyer evaluate your case. We will give you an initial assessment that will more likely reflect the true value of your case versus what an insurance company tells you.
You deserve to know just how much compensation you are owed. Contact our office at (606) 437-4488 for a free case evaluation. An experienced Paintsville motorcycle accident is ready to help you move forward with your case.
GET HELP NOW (606) 437-4488
FREE Case Consult
MAKE IT OUR FIGHT
Table of Contents
February 20, 2024
Kentucky is notorious for the unpredictability of our weather. This roller coaster weather that Kentuckians bemoan is caused by the jet stream that falls across the state, dropping cold air down from the Great Lakes or p...
December 19, 2021
Riding your motorcycle on a beautiful day and enjoying the scenery can be a great experience. But all of that can change in an instant if your motorcycle is hit by a car from behind. Because cars are so much bigger and...