Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Hazard Helps Win Compensation
Kentucky roads are an obvious draw for motorcyclists, especially those routes that traverse rural landscapes, such as U.S. 23. It and other Kentucky highways can be dangerous for motorcycle riders, and the unfortunate fact is that other drivers on the road are negligent and cause wrecks.
Motorcycles do not provide protection, so serious injuries are common in crashes, and people on motorcycles are 28 times more likely to die than people in other vehicles, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Survivors may be left dealing with pain, mounting medical bills, and loss of income from being unable to work.
If you or a loved one has been injured or someone has died in a motorcycle accident due to another party’s negligence or fault, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages you received. However, Kentucky laws are complicated and there is a bias against motorcyclists, so it’s important to have a motorcycle accident attorney on your side to fight for your rights and the compensation you deserve.
Hazard motorcycle accident lawyer Billy Johnson knows the obstacles motorcycle victims face and fights for maximum compensation for every client. We offer a free consultation to discuss the circumstances of your accident and determine the best way to move forward. There are no fees unless and until we win a settlement for you.
Call our office today to have a Hazard motorcycle accident lawyer review your case for free.
FREE CONSULT (606) 437-4488
Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fight for You
Why Choose Us
There are many lawyers out there, and you should find one you not only feel comfortable with, but one who has the experience and record of success you need. Here are some reasons why we feel you should choose the Johnson Law Firm:
- We know motorcycles. Pikeville motorcycle accident lawyer Billy Johnson has been an avid motorcycle enthusiast his whole life. He received his first motorcycle at the age of 5 and has been riding ever since.
- We are experienced. As an experienced Pikeville motorcycle accident lawyer, Billy has handled all types of motorcycle injury claims, including wrongful death cases, in Kentucky and in other states.
- We know how to fight for our clients and hold negligent parties accountable. We are experienced, tough and unflinching when pursuing financial compensation and have won millions for our clients. Since 1998 we have handled thousands of difficult injury cases throughout Kentucky from our office in Pikeville. We have a long record of success, including a $9 million negotiated pre-trial settlement in a truck accident case.
- We have helped many satisfied clients. You can read their testimonials here.
- We are local and have many offices to serve clients throughout Kentucky, including in Hazard.
- We offer free consultations, and there are no fees to you unless and until we win a settlement.
At the Billy Johnson Law Firm, our track record demonstrates that we don’t settle for low-ball offers from insurance companies. Don’t believe what insurance companies tell you and accept smaller payouts. Let Billy Johnson and his associates fiercely negotiate for the correct amount.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Help You
Our Billy Johnson Hazard motorcycle accident attorneys know that motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic, causing problems such as brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and amputations. When you hire us, we will get to work for you immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss how your accident happened, who the at-fault parties may be, and determine how much compensation your case may be worth.
- Gather evidence, such as from accident scene photos and videos and police and medical records.
- Interview eyewitnesses, medical providers, and first responders.
- Utilize experts to reconstruct the accident as well as medical, life-care, disability, and rehabilitation experts to provide testimony as to your costs and the negative effects your injuries have on your life.
- File all paperwork and make court appearances.
- Handle dealings and negotiations with insurance companies and attorneys to reach a fair settlement.
- Build a powerful case on your behalf and argue it in front of a jury if necessary.
Our law firm has the legal knowledge and financial resources to build a powerful case on your behalf. Attorney Billy Johnson is committed to each one of his clients and their families, and he knows their future is at stake.
CALL US NOW (606) 437-4488
Compensation a Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Lawyer May Recover
In a successful case, our spinal injury attorneys can win a damage award that compensates for both your economic losses and your non-economic losses. The term “damages” refers to the losses you experience due to an injury.
Economic Damages – are for your monetary losses and costs, such as:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Paying for prescriptions, equipment such as wheelchairs, etc.
- Lost income from being unable to work due to the injury
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial costs in cases of wrongful death.
Non-economic Damages – are for losses that do not have a specific dollar value, but negatively impact your life, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional torment
- Loss of quality and enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium.
Our skilled Hazard, Kentucky, motorcycle accident lawyer knows how to calculate all your damages and fight for a settlement that covers them all.
Hazard Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Must Prove Negligence
You likely have been inundated with terrible losses if someone’s negligence injured you, and your life may be completely turned upside down. It is only fair that negligent individuals be held liable and face the consequences of their actions.
After an accident, no-fault personal injury protection (PIP) insurance may cover your losses up to the policy limit — if you have insurance. You can sue the driver if you have damages greater than the policy limits or don’t have insurance.
To win your case, our attorneys would have to produce evidence demonstrating negligence on the part of the individual who caused your injuries. Proving negligence legally means showing the existence of the following elements:
- Duty: The defendant owed you a duty to take reasonable care not to cause you harm.
- Breach: The defendant breached this duty and failed to exercise this care.
- Cause: The breach of duty caused your injuries.
- Damages: You suffered actual damages as a result.
Our motorcycle accident lawyer in Hazard will aggressively investigate and collect the appropriate evidence for your case to determine fault. Common manifestations of negligence that cause motorcycle accidents include:
- Driving under the influence or while intoxicated
- Driving while drowsy
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
- Reckless or distracted driving
Each of these is enough to support an allegation of negligence. In some cases, there may be multiple parties involved in the accident, complicating the case. Our Hazard motorcycle accident attorneys will look to name them all as defendants as they all may have insurance and assets that can go toward a settlement.
Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Answer Questions
After a motorcycle crash, victims may be confused and unsure of the best approach to take. While these are best addressed at your free consultation, here are some answers to questions our Hazard motorcycle accident lawyers are often asked:
Are There Deadlines for Filing A Lawsuit?
Yes, Kentucky has time limits, called a statute of limitations, for filing a lawsuit (KRS 413.135). In general, for personal injury, you have just one year from the date of the accident that led to the injury to file or the court system will probably refuse to hear your case and you will permanently lose your right to seek compensation. Our attorneys will ensure that everything is filed correctly and in a timely manner, so call our Hazard Kentucky motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident.
Should I Talk To The Insurance Company?
No, the less you say to them the better. Insurance adjusters are not on your side – they are out to protect the profits of their employer and want to pay out as little as possible. They have a team of high-powered lawyers on their side, and they will use anything you say against you to lessen or deny payments. Tell the insurance companies to speak to your attorney, and let Billy Johnson handle all dealings and negotiations with insurers.
What if I Contributed to the Accident?
In some cases, another party is 100% at fault, as shown by indisputable evidence. However, there are times when the motorcycle injury victim shares some responsibility for the accident. In Kentucky, injury victims who contribute to their own injuries may still seek compensation for their losses, but their final payout will be reduced according to their degree of fault. For example, if it is determined that you were 25 percent at fault and the settlement was for $100,000, our motorcycle accident attorneys could still help you collect $75,000.
How long do motorcycle accident cases usually take?
It depends on factors such as the circumstances of the case, the availability of witnesses and evidence, and whether we can negotiate a fair settlement out of court or we have to take your case to trial. For example, if you have PIP insurance and your damages are less than your policy coverage, the case could be resolved rather quickly. On the other hand, if you have extensive injuries that far surpass PIP coverage or do not have coverage, and you are forced to sue, then trials can sometimes drag on for years. Hiring a Hazard motorcycle accident lawyer in a timely fashion could help speed your case along.
When you have our Hazard motorcycle accident attorneys on your side, we will be there to answer your questions and address your concerns throughout the entire legal process.
Let an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Hazard Fight for You
Contact Johnson Law Firm for a Free Consultation
Choosing Billy Johnson means choosing peace of mind. We fight hard for motorcycle accident victims because we believe in justice and care about our fellow community members.
Don’t accept a payout from an insurance company before consulting us. We will thoroughly research your case and fight to get you the maximum amount of money your claim warrants. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can get started while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found, so don’t delay.
Call our office today at (606) 437-4488 for a free case evaluation. An experienced Hazard motorcycle accident is ready to help you move forward with your case and fight for the maximum compensation possible.
GET HELP NOW (606) 437-4488
FREE Case Consult
MAKE IT OUR FIGHT
Table of Contents
February 20, 2024
Kentucky is notorious for the unpredictability of our weather. This roller coaster weather that Kentuckians bemoan is caused by the jet stream that falls across the state, dropping cold air down from the Great Lakes or p...
December 19, 2021
Riding your motorcycle on a beautiful day and enjoying the scenery can be a great experience. But all of that can change in an instant if your motorcycle is hit by a car from behind. Because cars are so much bigger and...